System Requirements for Motor Carrier Service Applications
- MCS users are recommended to use a Microsoft Windows platform with Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher.
Using a different browser or operating system to access this web site may reduce site functionality.
- FTS Application is now certified to work on Chrome, Firefox browsers along with Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher.
- Screen Resolution -- To avoid unwanted scrolling, MCS recommends you use a personal computer with minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. See the steps below to change your screen resolution.
To change your screen resolution:
- Click Start on the Windows Taskbar.
- Go to Settings and choose the Control Panel.
- On the Control Panel window double click on the Display icon.
- Click on the Settings tab at the top of the Display Properties window.
- Move the Screen resolution slide bar to the left or right to choose the 1024 x 768 setting. Make sure to click on the Apply button at the bottom of the window to accept the new changes. You may be prompted to reboot your computer so that the changes will take effect.
MCS recommends using the default privacy settings of medium for Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher when using a MCS application.
To verify that you are using the default privacy settings, follow the steps below:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools pull down menu at the top of the screen.
- Go down to the bottom of the Tools menu and click on Internet Options.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- The settings should be set to Medium(default setting).
- If the settings is other than Medium, slide the slide bar on the left up or down until Medium is selected.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Cookies -- Blocking cookies on some browsers can reduce or disable important functionality of the MCS application. Check your browser settings to ensure cookies are enabled. If you are using the default privacy settings of medium (see steps above) for Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher the default cookie setting will be sufficient.
Pop-Up Blocker -- Your browser may have popup blocking software enabled. You will need to allow popup windows for the MCS application Web site to maximize its functionality. MCS will only produce popup windows that will benefit your computing experience.
Security -- MCS uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security with 128-bit encryption from Verisign for the security of our users. For information about SSL security and Verisign certificates, please visit Verisign's Web site at www.verisign.com
- Adobe Acrobat -- The MCS application website also displays PDF files of tax returns developed with Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader already on your computer, you may download this free product by visiting www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/
- For more information and technical assistance, feel free to call the Department's MCS customer service at (317) 615-7200.